Welcome to the October 2016 research update from the NCSEM, highlighting research discoveries and innovation in clinical pathways, education and training provision within the fields of sport and exercise medicine and physical activity from within our network.
Physical activity in disease prevention
- Disability and the gym: barriers and facilitators of gym use identified
- Transgender people and sport
- Moderate physical activity protects against muscle wasting in old age
- Household correlates of children’s physical activity levels in 12 countries
- Moderate physical activity important for pre-diabetic patients to reduce fatness
- Novel technology to understand the context of physical activity and sedentary behaviour
- Sitting time and obesity in adults from Europe and the USA
- Exercise, appetite and weight control: are there differences between men and women?
- Automated analysis of objective physical activity data
- Young people’s knowledge and understanding of health, fitness and physical activity
- Physical activity: the effect of peers
Exercise in chronic disease
- Insole pressure sensors offer hope for improved stroke rehabilitation
- Exercise for solid organ transplant recipients